The Boldt Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Executive Industrial & Power
at The Boldt Company
The Project Executive is responsible for providing oversight, leadership and management required for the company’s participation in National Industrial & Power projects in various locations throughout the United States, ranging in size from $10M to $500M. The Project Executive serves as the primary representative of the company when interfacing with the Owner, Joint Venture Partner, Employees, Trade Partners, Suppliers and the general public. The Project Executive is accountable for leading the development of projects and executing them according to the company’s standards. The Project Executive is responsible for developing critical and key relationships and for promoting the company’s culture through effective relationship building with all those involved with the project.
This is a full-time commitment to the projects located in various locations throughout the United States.
Relative Position on the Organizational Chart
The position of Project Executive reports directly to the Executive Vice President/General Manager of the National Industrial & Power Business Unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the effort to pursue projects on a national basis by supporting the Business Development team for National Industrial & Power: provide guidance to the project pursuit team and develop a strategy for winning the work; develop relationships with hospitals, architects, engineers; participate in the creation of the proposals, guide the message and participate in interviews and other client relationship building activities; select the team members to be part of the project pursuit from a national pool; build relationships with new customers through networking events and interactions for client tours of current projects.
- Lead the strategy to “win” projects, including proposal development and facilitating high impact interviews: Work collaboratively with Boldt’s legal group on risk evaluations and contract negotiations, guide the planning process to develop the project approach.
- Provides vision to ensure that the project pursuit, as well as the project itself, has the proper operational strategies and systems in place to achieve the desired expectations: leads the development, communication and implementation of effective strategies and processes to support the goals; collaborates with the project team to develop and execute win strategies as well as implementing plans for the operational infrastructure, processes and personnel designed around delivering the project objectives; establishes goals and benchmarks for measuring progress and drives the team towards continued success; collaborates with additional resources and solicits additional help and necessary to successfully execute the project.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to serve others with a high concern for people while maintaining a steady focus on outcomes: create a project culture that empowers everyone involved in the project; lead the development of a high performance project team through supervision, training, coaching and mentoring; subordinating personal interests to the needs of those being led through effectively demonstrating the character, experience, humility, wisdom and discernment necessary to create the trust & influence to cause the right things to happen for the right reasons, at the right times; seeking at all times to understand the problems which become barriers to individuals personal success and striving to remove those barriers to allow all to succeed; maintain a clear and unwavering vision of success, constantly through personal action allowing others to see and share in the same vision.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Effects change by modeling and reinforcing a continuous improvement culture: establishes operational initiatives to improve the delivery of the project in all areas such design, schedule, quality, cost, safety and delivery methods; delivers project results with an emphasis in client satisfaction, project schedules, budgets and margins; drives operating performance through process improvement and project management; identifies and recognizes the need for additional products and service offerings that align with the customer’s needs and provides creative solutions; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the operational plans and makes adjustments accordingly; provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvement and improved working relationships; measures the effectiveness of all internal and external process providing continuous feedback for improving processes.
- Identifies ways to control costs and enhance revenues to achieve project goals: Oversees and manages the project overall budget; analyzes and controls expenditures of all areas to conform to the project target budget requirements; recommends or approves budget, expenditures and implements ways to improve operational efficiencies; provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the project both internally and externally; continuously reviews operating performance against plans and prior periods, including current progress towards the project target, current production, forecasted cost at completion, contracting status, operating expenses, cash flow management, and profitability.
- Motivate and lead a high performance team to effectively grow the organization and build operating efficiency: the position will be supported by a designated project team as well as be supported by the corporate office; leads the process of selecting the internal supporting team and Trade Partners for the project; leads the project team to maintain a clear perspective and focus on the project outcome; appraises performance and development of staff against position responsibilities, and established goals; manages, and coaches people to be capable of carrying out initiatives and to improve overall performance; measures and analyze performance of operational improvements and efforts; provides consultative support to the team as required; develops the project organizational structure and evaluates the structure based on personnel needs and makes changes as necessary in a decisive and professional manner; mentors subordinates and supports management succession with the goal of identifying talented junior-level managers, and promoting their continued personal and professional education and professional growth.
- Build and maintain key personal working relationships with the owner.
- Demonstrate a strong customer service focused work ethic.
- Proactively identifies customer’s concerns and addresses before they are realized.
- Build and maintain key personal working relationships with the Architectural and Engineering team.
- Evaluate and develop the workforce plan to optimize the productivity on the jobsite.
- Build and maintain key personal working relationships with the key Trade Partner organizations at the executive or management level.
- Develop a clear and concise vision for the project outcome.
- Promote and coordinate teambuilding activities.
- Lead and motivate the entire project team to obtain the required results.
- Champion change and innovation for constant improvement. Challenge the status quoi.
- Champion and encourage the use and implementation of the best ILPD delivery practices from within and from without the company.
- Develop the required organizational structure required to carry out the project vision. Collaborate with other members of the project team and company to obtain the best resources for this purpose.
- Develop through collaboration, the project RACI chart identifying the project personnel and their responsibilities. Monitor performance and assist those to take control for their area of responsibility.
- Develop and monitor on-boarding process for new Trade Partners.
- Maintain strong financial control of the project.
- Oversee the project model, estimate and budget.
- Influence design to optimize cost.
- Oversee the project financial management.
- Focus on project cash flow.
- Ensure there is a comprehensive project milestone schedule.
- Implement method for ensuring removal of schedule constraints.
- Ensure schedule discipline.
- Firm understanding of the project contract and all of its requirements. Responsible for ensuring compliance to all contract terms.
Boldt and Partners
- Identify, mentor, and encourage additional owner, Engineer, Subcontractors relationships to ensure that we remain connected at all levels.
- Coach, mentor and guide company personnel.
- Support and promote the company’s ILPD process.
- Monitor on-boarding for new project team members.
- Implement complete and comprehensive project reporting.
- Work with Project Manager & Safety Manager to develop a strong and proactive site safety program meeting the needs of the company, Owner and the project.
- Lead by example through hands on safety engagement with team.
- Develop, maintain and uphold the highest level of professionalism in all interactions, communications and publications.
- Maintain and enforce the highest standard of personal and business ethics.
- Promote a learning organization by modeling life-long learning.
- Seek out and enlist the services of those that can help to achieve the project vision.
Educational and experience requirements include: Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Advanced management or technical training preferred. Extensive (ten or more years) experience in similar construction and related functions plus the willingness to learn and continuously improve processes are required. Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision-making/problem-solving skills are essential.
Boldt offers an attractive benefits package which includes:
- Medical & dental insurance
- Company paid life, short/long term disability, and travel insurance
- 401K & ESOP Ownership
- Vacation time, sick time & paid holidays (9 holidays per year)
- Tuition reimbursement & employee referral program
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation), and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Boldt Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. If you have any questions, please contact Boldt's Human Resources Department.