Sysco Northeast Co-Op
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sysco Northeast Co-Op
- Req No.
- Purchasing/Customer Service
- FLSA Status
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
This position ensures the accurate and timely processing of remote stock orders from the receipt of the order through invoicing. Must maintain a close working communicative relationship with suppliers and operating company merchandisers. The associate must possess excellent customer relations management skills, time management skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and written, at all levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist operating companies and suppliers with shipment and delivery of remote stock orders. Assure purchase order accuracy for item data, pricing and quantity.
- Ensure purchase orders for remote stock items are transmitted to suppliers based on established Sysco Central Warehouse policies.
- Ensure orders are invoiced to customers based on established guidelines and pricing.
- Ensure credits are accurately processed for returns of remote stock items.
- Obtain and post daily shipment tracking information from suppliers.
- Seek and maintain a working knowledge of systems utilized for order processing.
- Seek and maintain a working knowledge of remote suppliers.
- Ensure claims related to returns to suppliers are submitted and resolved based on established guidelines.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook).
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP).
- Report any unresolved issues to supervisor.
- Observe all safety rules in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries and report any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a physical assessment test.
- Must have strong attention to details and possess excellent follow-up skills.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and ability to multi-task.
- Must possess the inherent ability to provide customer service with an enthusiastic, positive outlook/attitude.
- Must have proficient use of Excel and Word.
- Proficient use of Outlook/Email preferred.
- Must be able to 10-Key by touch.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Purchasing or customer service background preferred. Knowledge of Sysco product (or knowledge of foodservice supplies and equipment) and SUS system preferred.
Must have effective written and oral communication skills with good vocabulary, proper grammar and the ability to independently compose written communications. Must have the ability to accurately listen to customer inquiries and use experience and judgment to meet customer needs. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute discounts, rate, ratio, and percent.
Must be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation, but within the regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls, and talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit for prolonged periods of time, and is frequently required to use the telephone. The associate is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Job is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule on weekdays, but may be required to work weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
The position does not require travel.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.