SECURA Insurance Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor - IT (Application Development)
at SECURA Insurance Companies
- Job ID
- Job Grade
- Grade 8
- Information Technology
The Supervisor of Application Development is responsible for delivering on the vision, strategy, and operations related to the applications enabling Agent, Client, and Associate facing technologies and capabilities for SECURA Insurance. Responsibilities include developing a partnership with the business partners, understanding application and business processes, implementing and supporting production systems, managing application change & release processes, and interfacing with external service providers to ensure delivery excellence. Additionally, associate development, recognition and performance management are key competencies that are required for this role.
- Lead a team of software development professionals in the application delivery, support and service for the business departments and agencies for SECURA Insurance.
- Manage the team responsible for the Personal and Farm Underwriting Lines of Business. These applications are written in COBOL, CICS, DB2, .Net, SQL Server, VB.NET and WinForms
- Perform associate coaching, mentoring, performance reviews, acquisition and termination
- Manage the intake, analysis, resolution and customer interaction for IT requests related to these product lines.
- Provide leadership in the creation of strategic roadmaps focused on the assessment, design, implementation, and support of application development capabilities as it relates to the following:
- Development of business cases
- Partnering with the Supervisors of Business Analysis in the co-development of software development frameworks utilizing Waterfall and Agile aspects of software development and then marrying the business analysis capabilities to this SDLC framework
- Solution design and architecture
- Translation of requirements into specifications
- Processes for managing changes in scope
- KPIs for code quality and production support ticket management
- Partner with multiple business leaders to understand and deliver on their needs as it relates to the aforementioned technologies.
- Provide support and training in use of the applications, including orientation for all new staff and specialized training in response to changing roles, business processes and application functionality.
- Manage the relationship with software vendors, escalating issues that require immediate resolution and advocating for fixes/patches to the applications when appropriate.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on vendor hardware, software and/or services; write and/or direct the development of enterprise operating procedures and standards.
- Serve as a project manager or assist existing project managers for large scale initiatives.
- Ensure that application development complies with all security and compliance requirements as determined by IT Security and IT Governance.
- 3+ years’ leadership experience demonstrating a proven track record of delivering results while leading software development teams or related projects in a complex, fast paced environment.
- 5+ years of experience in software development in corporate environments with expertise in at least one development language (e.g. COBOL, CICS, DB2, .Net, SQL Server, VB.NET and WinForms)
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or a commitment to complete a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with integration architecture and tools such as MuleSoft, Web Services and SOA.
- Expert knowledge in application development methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Proven success leveraging technology to meet business objectives.
- Strong problem analysis/resolution, organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, customer service skills and positive attitude
- Strong ability to present in front of a group, make a case, and sell ideas
- Approachability, willingness to share knowledge, and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work both independently and within cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals within a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in insurance – preferably Property and Casualty.
- Professional designations or advanced degrees (CPCU, FLMI, CLU, CIDM).