Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety & Training Manager
at Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
The Schneider organization has an immediate need for a passionate and accountable Safety and Training Manager. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the Driver Business Leaders (DBLs) and their drivers and work in conjunction with the Operation Managers (OMs), Division Managers (DMs) and General Managers (GMs) to ensure Schneider has the safest fleet in the industry. You will be accountable for conducting risk assessments and analyzing injury reports and delivering top notch training to various locations throughout the United States. This position will set you on your way to a career of interesting challenges and limitless opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop / facilitate safety and compliance training for their respective operating locations. This will include
safety meetings with DBL's, regional drivers and dedicated accounts.
- Ensure remedial and proactive safety training events are completed in an appropriate time frame.
- Use of safety tools, such as Critical Event Recording (CER) to conduct analysis on the driver fleet to identify trends and implement solutions.
- Act as a liaison between Operations and Regulatory to identify areas of concern and develop actions to deliver compliance metrics. This will include post-accident and reasonable cause drug / alcohol testing, Continuous Positive Air Pressure (CPAP) compliance, logging compliance, and updated physicals and CDLs.
- Active participant in developing / providing direction to the Operations leadership team regarding DBL skill set assessments; Operations Manager (OMs) skill set assessments and safety planning.
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- On-site services at some facilities including cafeteria, gym and fitness classes, walking/jogging trail, ATM, personal mail services, company store and much more
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years of successful experience in Operations, Customer Service or Maintenance management.
- Strong analytical skills along with excellent problem identification, resolution skills and identifying trends.
- Excellent decision making ability and judgment.
- High level of initiative and ability to multi-task and re-prioritize.
- Ability to build strong business partnerships.
- Experience working with outside agencies (State DOT agencies, local government, law enforcement, etc)
- Ability to work extended schedules to include some weekends.
- Comfortable traveling between 12-24 weeks per year.
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the industry, Schneider's solutions include Van Truckload, Dedicated, Regional, and Bulk, Intermodal, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and Port Logistics services. A $3.9 billion company, Schneider has provided expert transportation and logistics solutions since 1935.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.