Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Freight Broker - Uncapped Commissions
at Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
Schneider is seeking creative, dynamic and resourceful Freight Brokers / Carrier Sales Representatives to join our Schneider Transportation Management (STM) team. As a Freight Broker you will grow and run your own book of business by prospecting and building productive relationships with new and existing carriers. Our Freight Brokers identify carrier networks, negotiate rates and ensure our customer's freight gets delivered.
As a Freight Broker you are provided state of the art tools and resources to assist you in building your book of business and providing solutions to our customers. Along with our technology, we ensure our Freight Brokers are up to date with real time market and industry data by offering an extensive brokerage training program which builds knowledge on the industry, the services Schneider offers, carrier networks, negotiation techniques and a continued mentorship program which drives your success in the Freight Broker role.
Check out our office videos illustrating our open, high energy and competitive office culture! www.schneiderjobs.com/STM
As A Freight Broker You Will:
- Grow relationships with new and existing carriers
- Build proposals, negotiate rates, and deliver both long and short term shipping solutions for your customers
- Problem solve and make quick decisions to ensure customer freight is delivered on time
- Make profit based decisions utilizing market data, lane history, and strategic judgment
Our Associates Enjoy:
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped commissions
- Promotion opportunities as early as 12 months
- Create your career path based on your future goals; that is how we hire to retire
- Opportunities to work from home after first year
- Strong work/life balance that includes: paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid personal time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus company funded retirement plan
- Tuition assistance program plus 170 online personal development courses
OUR PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- The ability to multitask while paying high attention to detail
- A self-starting, goal oriented attitude, and be a money motivated hustler
- The aptitude to fearlessly make decisions in fast paced situations
- Strong phone and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree, though desired, is not required
The Schneider Way
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do