Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Scientist Lead
at Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
Schneider is seeking an innovative and collaborative Data Scientist Lead to join our growing team! Our Data Scientist Leads analyze and interpret large data sets to develop data-driven recommendations to solve current business challenges in real time. Using licensed cutting-edge modeling and visualization tools like R, Tableau and Python, you will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to design, build, test, and implement advanced machine learning models. You will provide strategic leadership and project direction to coordinate team efforts and influence key decision makers. At Schneider, you will also bring technical rigor and statistical methods to tackle the challenges of matching carriers with freight, optimizing pricing and order acceptance thresholds, and understanding the behavior of customers and our associates.
- Create innovative machine learning models and technical frameworks that address and help solve complex business demands
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineers and additional Tech associates to implement continuous improvement solutions and inform business of recommendations
- Provide strategic leadership and support to team members; influence without authority
- Self-direct project work while continually building own skillset
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- On-site services including cafeteria, gym and fitness classes, walking/jogging trail, ATM, personal mail services, company store and much more
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Experience with machine learning software (e.g., R, Python, SPSS, SAS), data access/manipulation (e.g., SQL, pandas, dplyr) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase) required; experience with cloud computation (AWS, Azure) highly desired
- Experience with freight brokerage or pricing required
- PhD Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) plus a minimum of five years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a data scientist / statistician / computational biologist / bioinformatician), including experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. OR Masters Degree plus a minimum of six years of relevant work experience
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadcast portfolio of services in the industry, Schneider's solutions include Van Truckload, Dedicated, Bulk, Intermodal, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehouse and Port Logistics services. A $4 billion dollar company, Schneider has provided expert transportation and logistics solutions since 1935.
Our Core Values:
Safety-first and always
Integrity in every action
Respect for all
Excellence in all that we do