Pulaski Community Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pulaski Community Schools
TITLE: CLASSROOM TEACHER
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree requirements and licenses as determined by EPSB
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development toward college and/or career readiness.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Strives to implement, by instruction and action, the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluates job performance
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required
- Maintains regular attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work days to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
APPROVED BY _____________________________________________ DATE: ______________
REVIEWED AND AGREED TO BY _______________________________ DATE: ______________
Job Contact Information
|email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org|
Monday, May 20, 2019 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)