Power Engineers Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior System Controls Engineer
at Power Engineers Inc
Facilities Controls Group
Senior System Controls Engineer
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
POWER Engineers, Inc – Facilities Business Unit Controls Department is currently seeking a Senior System Controls Engineer to work out of our new office in Appleton, Wisconsin.
The successful applicant will be responsible for successful completion of assigned projects and for maintaining and improving client relationships. Completion of these functions requires technical competence in primary production roles as well as leadership competence in working with clients and mentoring and supervising team members assigned to projects. Assigned projects will include control systems, SCADA and communications for utility and industrial/commercial/federal clients. Systems to be analyzed will include manufacturing facilities, data centers, standby generation facilities, and critical power distribution systems. Technical disciplines include the following three areas:
- Networking and Communications: design and configure network and communication paths for Remote Terminal Units (RTUs)Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interface (HMIs), and other SCADA system equipment; specify and design communication networks including data security and availability; develop basic specifications for copper, fiber optic, microwave, power line carrier, or radio communication paths; travel to project sites to troubleshoot and commission network and communication systems. Applicable network and communication protocols: Modbus, Ethernet I/P, ControlNet, TCP/IP, UDP, BAC net 485, BACnet IP, GeniusBus.
- Logic and Control Systems: develop and implement logic and control schemes for remote and local operation of manufacturing facilities and/or power system equipment; develop programs on various platforms for implementation of these schemes; travel to project sites to test and commission the control schemes. Applicable Logic and Control Platforms: ControlLogix, SEL RTAC, GE-90-70, GE 90-30, GE RX3i, Micro 90, Versamax Remote I/O.
- Data Acquisition and SCADA infrastructure: Prepare points lists of all data to be transferred between control centers and controlled apparatus, assign and program data addressing and routing information, develop Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens, travel to project sites to test and commission data transfer schemes. Design and configure virtual environments for SCADA servers including Active Directory, Historical Data, I/O interface, Terminal Services, etc. Applicable Software: VMWare, ESXI, Hyper-V, Wonderware, FactoryTalk SE/ME, AcSELerator RTAC, Visual Basic, OSIPI, Python scripting etc.
The successful applicant must also demonstrate aptitude in the following:
- Initiative and self sufficiency
- Spoken and written communication
- Leadership and mentoring
- Business and commercial performance
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Interpersonal relations
- Successful candidates must be willing to travel on occasion and work successfully in a customer focused, project oriented environment.
- Requires a BSEE
- 5+ years of industry experience performing studies in technical disciplines described in the Job Description section.
- EIT certified (passing FE Exam) and eligible to sit for the PE Exam
- Strong preference is given to applicants who are registered professional engineers
- Strong preference is given to those currently holding or willing to undergo the investigation required for a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Preference is given to applicants with any of the following: GPA above 3.5/4.0, and power system courses covering topics such Ethernet and networking, PLC programming and microcontrollers, network communication protocols, network security, intro to utility SCADA, three-phase powerpower electronics, standby power systems, and rotating machines.
- Preference is also given to applicants with experience in mentoring others and in providing technical and commercial leadership in customer focused engineering projects.
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.