Power Engineers Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Geospatial Asset Management Consultant
at Power Engineers Inc
Cityworks Consulting Group
Geospatial and Asset Management Consultant
Since POWER Engineers (www.powereng.com) began in 1976, we have grown into a flexible and progressive consulting engineering firm. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits, along with deep technical skills, account for our success. With over 2,600 employees worldwide, POWER Engineers is one of the fastest growing engineering firms with excellent profitability but we believe that the growth that counts doesn’t always include the bottom line. Our employees are provided opportunities to grow, personally and professionally and with those opportunities we empower the person, the team, and, ultimately, the company.
POWER’s GIS and Asset Management Solutions (GAM) team is seeking Consultants to join our team of industry experts as we continue building for the future!
This full-time position is located in either POWER Engineers’ Green Bay, WI office or in POWER Engineers’ Lakewood, CO office.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The Geospatial and Asset Management (GAM) Consultant will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Configure and deploy Esri ArcGIS, Cityworks AMS and Cityworks PLL software for utility and municipal government clients
- Provide outstanding customer service to our clients
- Conduct project workshops and training sessions
- Develop work process documentation
- Develop project documentation for all phases of the deployment cycle
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge
The GAM Consultant must have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Experience deploying software either as a professional services consultant or as an employee of a utility company or city/county government
- Excellent professional and organization skills, good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to travel about 25% of the time
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
It is advantageous for the applicant to have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Experience with one or more Utility Asset Management systems such as Cityworks AMS, SAP, Maximo, Lucity, Infor
- Experience with one or more Permitting systems such as Cityworks PLL, Accela, CityView, Munis
- Experience using ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, and/or ArcSDE, as well as experience installing and administering these systems
- Familiarity with the work processes of electric, gas and water utilities and public works departments
- Project implementation lifecycle experience (Requirements, Development, Training, Deployment)
- Familiarity with software develop methodologies (RUP, Agile, Waterfall)
- Systems architecture experience, including design, planning, implementation
- Experience integratingGIS with Asset Management Systems,Customer Information Systems and Accounting Systems
- Experience with SQL Server and Oracle including creating database reports and writing database update scripts
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in GIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, other technical science degree, or equivalent work experience.
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.