Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Loss Control Consultant
at Pekin Insurance
Although the word “insurance” isn’t beyond exciting, we know you’ll find Pekin Insurance is truly “Beyond the expected®” when it comes to your next career move. If you’re ready to work with a team of professionals who actually live a core set of values—and go home each night knowing you’ve made a difference, you’ve landed at the right place.
The Sr. Loss Control Representative provides a full range of risk consulting services for all commercial lines. The incumbent will conduct extensive research to analyze data in order to make recommendations for controlling potential sources of risk, loss and or cost. They will be responsible for providing underwriting with account information to enable them to properly price and select accounts to obtain profitability. This position will also assist our sales agencies in obtaining and retention of quality accounts.
- Provide loss control services to customers by conducting safety surveys, analyzing risk experience and assisting insured’s in improving loss control programs
- Consult with Insured’s on ways to control hazards in order to reduce or prevent losses and influences Insured’s to implement recommendations
- Promote Pekin’s loss control services as well as delivering seminars and loss prevention
- Manage workload within an assigned territory by effectively prioritize, plan, and schedule work Utilize technology resources for maximum efficiency
- Respond to internal and external requests in a timely manner
- Provide underwriting with technical loss control reports and recommendations that will enable them to properly price and select accounts
- Prepare written report of findings and recommendations for correction of unsafe or hazardous conditions
- Confer with employees of Insured’s to ensure compliance with safety standards, codes and regulations
- Maintains effective working relationship with underwriting and claims agencies
- Develop and maintain solid business relationships with customers
- Inspect insured properties to evaluate physical conditions and promote safety programs to determine causes and to develop accident-prevention programs
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Loss Control and Safety experience in the Insurance Industry (Workers Comp, Commercial Auto, Property or General Liability)
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance agencies such as OSHA, DOT, NFPA, NEC and other safety related agencies
- Ability to write, diagnose, collect, extrapolate and review data to assist Policyholders in reducing losses
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing/new priorities
- Must be self-directed and must work effectively independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a team environment
- Experience in public speaking and safety knowledge background
- Easily adapts to changes in responsibilities, work processes, timeframes, performance expectations, organizational cultural or work environment
- Experience counseling, guiding, leading, coordinating, and listening to clients
- Skilled at computing, compiling, tabulating, charting, reviewing and supportive data and conclusions derived there from
- Experience counseling, guiding, leading, coordinating and listening to clients to assist in minimizing losses
- Ability to plan and conduct safety meetings
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills; strong written, presentation and oral communication skills
Education and Skills Experience:
- Bachelor degree preferred in Safety Management, Occupational Safety or related field.
- 5 years of industry related experience
- Attainment of professional designations, such as Risk Management (ARM), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is encouraged