Navitus Health Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Administrator, Linux
at Navitus Health Solutions
LocationAppleton Campus: Appleton, Wisconsin
- Associates college diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and 5+ years applied work experience.
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) preferred.
Expert technical knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7.
- Expert scripting ability in bash or python.
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite.
- Experience with Puppet or other configuration management tools.
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience with VM Ware virtualization
- Solid understanding of network protocols and services.
- Extensive hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Experience with data management and structure concepts
- Knowledge of Splunk administration and utilization is a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws; including SAS70, HIPPA, and URAC.
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus.
The Linux Systems Administrator ensures efforts are in alignment with IT Enterprise Services to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. This role is responsible for complete administration, support, trouble-shooting and implementation of Linux operating systems and applications. This role is recognized as having extremely high levels of technical aptitude, mentoring, and leadership qualities. In addition to administering multiple systems, this role will lead the planning, coordination, and architecture of all activities related to the implementation of new and existing Linux enterprise systems and third-party solutions, as required, to meet the business. This role ensures high levels of availability for production and developmental business applications. This role will function as a technical lead for all Linux projects.
- Ensure efforts delight the customer.
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Innovate and create value for the customer.
- Provide mentoring to the team for technical challenges.
- Develop and implement maintenance routines and system audits to ensure system integrity.
- Provide responsive technical assistance and document configuration and support processes.
- Work with Infrastructure, development teams, DBAs and business teams to ensure optimal operations and uptime of application environments to set and meet service level agreements.
- Develop/Support change control and testing processes.
- Analyze systems for overall performance and give recommendations on improvements.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform improvements, patches and reconfigurations.
- Develop, document and maintain application development and maintenance guidelines.
- Develop, document and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Provide backup administrational support to other teammates and the platforms for which they are responsible.
- Recognized as a system expert in multiple core enterprise systems and be able to effectively provide knowledge training to peers.
- Provide after-hours support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Facilitate business needs to manage development environments.
- Lead the design, planning, implementation and coordination for all activities needed for the successful integration of new Linux solutions.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users, third party vendors and department managers.
- Develop strong working relationship with Third Party vendors.
- Lead the planning of upgrades/releases of Linux operating systems and software to limit user impact.
- Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches for system administration tasks and integration with other enterprise level business applications.
- Researches emerging technologies, products, products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.