Navitus Health Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer (.NET)
at Navitus Health Solutions
LocationAppleton Campus: Appleton, Wisconsin
College degree (2 or 4 year program) typically in the field of computer science, information systems or software engineering, and must have six or more years of professional development experience.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices including object oriented programming.
- Extensive knowledge of source control tools such as TFS and GitHub.
- Proven experience collaborating with business teams to analyze business requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Ability to interview end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Documented experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
The Software Engineer ensures efforts are in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture team to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. The Software Engineer serves as a lead role in the analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance of existing software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. As an experienced team member, the Software Engineer acts as a leader to ensure adherence to project timelines, deliverables, and mentors less experienced team members as required. The Software Engineer collaborates with the business teams to develop business requirements and provide guidance for possible and recommended solutions. As a developer, the Software Engineer's role will also include research, design, documentation, and modifications to software specifications throughout the product development life cycle.
- Ensure efforts delight the customer.
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Innovate and create value for the customer.
- Collaborate with business teams to identify business needs and translate into technical requirements.
- Lead the effort for design, development and implementation on a project-by-project basis to deliver solutions, which are easily maintainable and scalable.
- Research and identify new technologies and technology upgrades, which will enhance the ability to deliver robust solutions.
- Design, develop, document and implement application enhancements according to business and technical requirements.
- Mentor less experienced team members as necessary.
- Peer reviews to evaluate performance of team members as required.
- Code reviews on an as needed basis to ensure conformity to company development guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Estimate effort required for the design, development and implementation on a project-by-project basis.
- Identify roadblocks or areas of concern and bring potential solutions to management's attention.
- Support various technologies deployed at Navitus regardless of development platform.
- Work with other technical teams to define and identify cross-functional solutions for integration with new or existing technologies.
- Ensure collaboration while maintaining relationships among functional peers.
- Recommend, create, document and maintain guidelines and procedures to ensure consistency among peers within the .NET space across the enterprise.
- Monitor adherence to procedures and guidelines and report performance measures to leadership.
- Conduct or recommend training needs within the .NET functional role.
- Collaborate with team leadership in onboarding of new employees within the functional role of .NET
Responsibilities (including one or more of the following):
- MS SQL
- Visual Studio