Navitus Health Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst, IT
at Navitus Health Solutions
LocationAppleton Campus: Appleton, Wisconsin
College degree or equivalent experience required in the field of Business Administration or Information Systems and/or a minimum of 1 year of professional experience.
- Experience with business and technical analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience with development and implementation of software solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Experience with core software applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel required; Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio preferred
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
The Business Analyst ensures efforts are in alignment with the Information Technology department to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. The Business Analyst role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs for various Navitus projects. This includes interviewing stakeholders/sponsors, gathering and compiling user stories to convey to project teams throughout the software lifecycle. This Business Analyst will also have communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the initiative process and to ensure that deliverables are met according to specifications. The Business Analyst will constantly assess user stories to communicate to project teams throughout the software lifecycle, plan and schedule projects for roll-out consistent with strategic vision and goals and evaluate project effectiveness on a retrospective, concurrent, and prospective basis.
- Ensure efforts delight the customer.
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Innovate and create value for the customer.
- Collaborate with project managers and project sponsors to determine enhancement scope and vision.
- Define and document user stories along with ensuring proper sign-offs are received from business sponsor.
- Translate conceptual ability to statements into functional user stories in a clear manner that is comprehensible to the project team. Where necessary, create process flow models, specifications, diagrams, and charts.
- Analyze and verify user stories for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Create and execute test plans to ensure system enhancement meets the deliverables.
- Manage issue/defect requests and resolution for assigned projects.
- Communicate to the Training and Development Instructor to ensure that enhancements are reflected in the internal and external training materials.
- Research, review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing Agile Scrum process -- gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.