Lawrence University of Wisconsin
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Waseda Program Assistant
at Lawrence University of Wisconsin
Waseda Program Assistant
Reports to: Director of the Waseda CS-L Program
Location: Briggs Hall
The Waseda Program Assistant (WPA) will work with the exchange students from Waseda University, Tokyo, to provide support for their academic and extracurricular experiences. The WPA will help with several program components, including orientation and other term activities, student scheduling and registration, Waseda student mentors, advocacy, travel arrangements, maintaining program documents and archives, proctoring exams, and other administrative tasks as determined by the program director. The AWPS will also teach a 1-2 unit course each term titled “Introduction to American Society”. This position appointment will be for approximately 35 weeks of the academic year for approximately 10 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching the “Introduction to American Society” course sequence
- Creating recommended course selection lists, observation lists, and core course lists
- Maintaining and updating the Waseda TSA program website, Facebook page, and handbook
- Planning program events, including bus, van, and room reservations
- Arranging payroll for mentors, program assistants, and drivers
- Maintaining and updating Waseda digital archives
Work collaboratively with staff, faculty and other members of the Lawrence community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Openness to cultural differences
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of FERPA and ethical principles in working with students
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Intercultural experience
- Professional experience in post-secondary setting, including teaching; liberal arts education and/or professional experience preferred
- Must have successful completion of criminal record check, driving record check and reference checks.
We encourage applications from individuals who will help us create a more inclusive Lawrence by: 1) further diversifying the staff; and/or 2) demonstrated experience with successful diversity-related initiatives; and 3) showing interest in developing inclusiveness to address the needs of a diverse student body. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and individuals of diverse backgrounds.
See https://lawrencecareers.silkroad.com/lawrenceuniversity/About_Us.html for more information about Lawrence and its surrounding community, including the New North Regional Guide which lists resources that promote diversity in the community.