Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Johnson Controls.
The Electrical Installer works with direction from lead system specialist, or system team leader to performs routine installation and checkout on a variety of systems utilizing codes, company procedures, engineering drawings and personal analysis. Provides support and direction to electrical subcontractors as required. Develops a positive interface with the customer to ensure confidence and satisfaction with the system installation. Provides mentorship to less experienced electrical installers.
How you will do it
- Installs raceways, cables and wiring to meet local or national codes, standards and customer system requirements.
- Mounts and terminates controls equipment as needed.
- May assist sales with electrical estimates, including walking retrofit projects.
- Checks out wiring and terminations with test instruments as needed.
- Keeps management informed of job needs, progress and issues.
- Completes paperwork, including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
- Provides feedback to JCI Engineering on changes and keeps as-built drawings current.
- Resolves job site conflicts regarding installation issues or escalates concerns to management as required.
- Communicates with the customer as necessary upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
- Adheres to Johnson Controls safety programs and policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This position requires walking across uneven terrain, navigating hazards of construction sites, working extensively on ladders, and utilizing hand tools and power tools on a daily basis.
What we look for
- Minimum of four years' experience performing electrical installation is required, two years of this experience should be in low voltage system installation.
- Possesses journeyman's level electrical licensure is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Possesses working knowledge of local codes as it applies to controls.
- Experienced in scope determination of installation materials.
- Able to work independently.
- Experience working in hospitals is preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmativeaction employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability,or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please viewEEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require anaccommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.