Generac Power Systems, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Leader - 2nd Shift
at Generac Power Systems, Inc
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 3 days ago(6/14/2019 10:13 AM)
- ManOps - Manufacturing Operations
Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Oshkosh, WI is seeking a Team Leader - 2nd Shift.
The Team Leader position is a key member of a manufacturing operational team in a manner that promotes continuous improvement in safety, quality, productivity and on-time delivery to our customer. The Team Leader works to achieve daily results, create a safe work environment, ensures product and material flow, confers with management, quality assurance, and engineering, drives new product launches, creates a visible workplace, and is process driven to standard work. The Team Leader is a hands on driver to inspire a team, creates opportunity to achieve success. This position reports directly to Production Manager or Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular and prompt attendance and the ability to work schedule as define and overtime as required.
- Maintain daily management boards; analyze issues and lead problem solving resulting in effective countermeasures.
- Lead on going communication to team members of achievement to area metrics and progress of projects.
- Lead team in adherence and improvement to Quality Control Plans and Poka Yokes (mistake proofing).
- Train team members in all aspects of their function to fully assemble/manufacture quality product according to standard work.
- Conducts audits to ensure team members are following standardized operating procedures, preventative maintenance, and adhering to all safety standards.
- Adhere to all company policies, state and federal regulations.
- Adhere to facility Emergency Action Plan and assist in defined procedures.
- Trains others in tool usage to implement process improvements to continuously improve safety, quality, productivity, and work environment.
- Support daily communication to Supervisor.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate the team’s activities in absence of Supervisor
- High School or Equivalent;
- 0-3 years of leadership experience
- Minimum 2+ years related experience in manufacturing environment
- Excellent written, mathematical and analytical skills;
- Strong technical understanding of processes;
- Problem solving
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership and communication skills;
- Intermediate PC knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency and ability to train others
- Associates or Bachelors degree
- Broad lean knowledge with proven ability to apply lean tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.