Engineering Consulting Services, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Materials Co-Op
at Engineering Consulting Services, Ltd.
STRENGTH OF CHARACTER
Why ECS? We have grit. What does that mean for you? That one descriptive word defines our company culture. At ECS, GRIT is made up of four characteristics: guts, resilience, initiative and tenacity. Our boots are made for working. Click here to get an idea of what we’re all about.
PERSEVERANCE WITH PASSION
We focus on developing the people, systems and expertise that allow us to be the consulting firm of choice. Our footprint spans the nation and countless sectors, making us flexible and giving you options. Our passion is to provide high quality services and innovative approaches to our clients. We are looking for problem solvers. Do you have your boots ready?
DRIVE AND DETERMINATION
As a Construction Materials Co-Op, you will reinforce your education through a practical, hands-on, paid work experience. Your work will be realistic and rewarding, and allow you to be in a position of responsibility. You will contribute ideas and develop knowledge and communication skills while interacting with top professionals in your field. Your Construction Materials Co-Op is more than a job; it is a learning experience that allows you to explore career options. You can even learn more about yourself, your skills, and help set your career goals. Best of all, you will be given meaningful assignments that will give you a sense of accomplishment. You also have a “can do” attitude and are ready to take on any project thrown your way – and that’s why a Co-Op with ECS will give you all the opportunity for career growth within our company you’ll want. For highlights of others who have taken their amazing skills and grown their careers with ECS, click here.
You will be part of a dynamic, growing and energized team – and your role is key to the success of ECS. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to see you grow in:
For first time Construction Materials Co-Op- an opportunity to see what field work is all about and how it relates to your school work by:
- Observing and documenting field activities related to the construction process
- Sampling, testing, and inspecting soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, asphalt, and structural steel placement
- Performing calculations and data reduction of test results along with drafting
- Using field screening equipment and documenting readings
- Reading maps, following directions, and interpreting engineering and construction plans
- Interacting and communicating daily with contractors, technicians, and project managers
For you seasoned Construction Materials Co-Op- an opportunity to do some more advanced field work but also see how we solve problems and deliver results to our clients by:
- Testing of soils, foundations, reinforced and post-tensioned concrete, masonry, structural steel, and asphalt pavement
- Determining and/or performing appropriate laboratory tests
- Attending project meetings and assisting in project resolutions
- Assisting with preparation of proposals
- Assisting with scheduling, training, and oversight of Field Technicians
- Assist with managing project budgets and invoicing
If you can accomplish the above, your boots are probably ready for walking right into this role. Realistically though, you need the following to be considered:
- Actively pursuing an Associate, Bachelor, or Master degree in Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or other related degree
- Interest in geotechnical engineering, construction materials test methods, building forensics, consulting environmental services, and ASTM procedures
- Previous Co-Op experience would go a long way
Please Note – Financial assistance with housing is not provided for this position
PEOPLE ARE OUR FOUNDATION
We love our employees and we show this through providing some great benefits. Click here to see how we show our passion for our people.