City of Appleton
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal - Dance Instructor
at City of Appleton
- Examples of Duties
• Instruct dance classes for youth, teens and adults.
• Be knowledgeable and an experienced dancer in advanced jazz, lyrical dance, tap and hip-hop with an emphasis in ballet and hip-hop.
• Be a strong communicator and class leader, providing a safe, fun and challenging class for students.
• Be capable of demonstrating dance techniques.
• Prepare class curriculum, choreography and content.
• Prepare class for end of season dance recital.
• Manage and maintain equipment for class.
• Conduct class with proper student discipline and enthusiasm for dance.
• Use safety techniques to properly instruct students.
• Communicate appropriately with students, be a positive role model for participants.
• Communicate with parents in regards to the student's progress and any other class related issues.
• Work as a team member and support the other instructors.
• Ability to create innovative choreography.
• Maintain class attendance records.
• Provide music for classes (iPod & CD compatible).
• Communicate with Coordinator and other dance instructors.
• Keep current in class trends.
• Participate in special events.
- Typical Qualifications
Education: High School Graduate/GED
Experience: Knowledge and/or background of the specific program, program related experience desired
• Four or more years of dance training preferred.
• Be physically capable of performing and demonstrating dance techniques.
• CPR and First Aid certifications required within first 60 days of employment.
• Adhere to and implement the City of Appleton and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Supplemental Information
Pay Grade: 7
Seasonal: September - March, June - July
Work Location: City Center Studios