Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! We are currently looking for a Tax Manager to join the Baker Tilly Advantage team in Appleton, WI.
Baker Tilly Advantage delivers a modernized and comprehensive approach to meeting our client’s accounting, tax, and financial reporting needs. The Advantage team combines core service needs with industry expertise and cloud accounting solutions to deliver customized dashboards and reports that assist our clients in making strategic business decisions. This approach allows us to play an integral role in our clients’ management team, and provide a customizable service bundle that meets their needs.
- Lead client relationships on day-to-day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, S-corporations, and individuals for a variety of middle market clients and emerging businesses
- Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various clients ranging from middle market to multinational client engagements
- Consult on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, ASC740, and implications to owners
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinate with specialty tax practice on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international and credits/incentives area
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, Master’s Degree, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred
- CPA and/or JD required
- Five (5) plus years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance services. Two (2) plus years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Experience reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state and individual tax returns along with FAS 109 and FIN 48
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.