Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing and Communications Manager
at Alzheimer's Association
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2974
At the Alzheimer's Association we are the brains behind saving yours. Many of us who work for the Alzheimer's Association have some connection with Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia. It's what drives us to make the extra effort in the daunting task of modifying a disease that currently has no cure. With 78 million baby boomers entering the age of greatest risk for Alzheimer's, we need passionate, hardworking people committed to helping the Association meet the increasing demand for care and support and fund vital Alzheimer's research.
Why join us? We have been recognized as a Best Nonprofit to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven consecutive years.
The Marketing and Communications Manager works to support overall marketing and communication efforts under the leadership of the executive director. In this role, collaborates with the leadership team to development communication plans, calendar and marketing collateral to manage community, corporate, committee, family education programs and individual donor relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead and execute strategies to educate our target audiences about Alzheimer’s disease and engage them in activities of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Act as a chapter leader with strategic thinking as a whole in collaboration with Development, Program and operations.
- Working cross functionally to provide strategic counsel, develop and execute creative media programs across all communications disciplines. This includes managing the Chapter website and social media presence.
- Leadership experience working collaboratively with internal and external partners, clients, and the media.
- Engage the community as a lead representative for the chapter through key networking opportunities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience extending initiatives across traditional, online and social media platforms.
- Assess, understand, synthesize, and communicate complicated information for internal partners and the media.
- Lead and manage multiple projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Strategically determine best use of resources, tools and tactics to achieve goals, along with superior research, writing and editorial skills.
- Conduct media development and coaching of spokespeople, including staff, volunteers, and other individuals impacted by the disease.
- Manage resources and budgets effectively, including external vendors and advertising contracts.
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years related professional experience, at least two of which are at a leadership level
- Strong individual and team player
- Works and leads well in a team environment
- Superior writing skills and knowledge of AP Style
- Ability to work effectively to coach volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain successful marketing outcomes
- Some agency setting-related experience and/or training preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, electronically and excellent presentation skills to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Experience managing outside vendors and contractors
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Suites required
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Ability to keep a flexible schedule that may include "non-traditional" hours
- Driver’s license with proof of insurance
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!