Job: Associate Degree Nursing Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Fox Valley Technical College
- 1 Associate Degree Nursing Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 2 Practical Nursing Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 3 Nursing Assistant Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 4 FABTECH Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 5 Accounting Instructor - Continuous Sourcing - #: 0600485
- 6 Allied Health Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 7 Occupational Therapy Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 8 Entrepreneurship Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 9 Paralegal Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 10 Math Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 11 Science Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 12 Management Development Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 13 Human Resources Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 14 Communication Skills Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 15 Information Technologies Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 16 Safety Training Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 17 Construction Management Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 18 Diesel Technology Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 19 Automotive Technology Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 20 Business Technology Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 21 Foreign Language Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 22 International Business Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 23 Laboratory Science Technician Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 24 Motorcycle Rider Course Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
- 25 Interior Design/Kitchen and Bath Design Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
Fox Valley Technical College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to provide the delivery of instruction and facilitation of student learning in classroom, lab, and clinical settings to meet the needs of students and employers.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or business and industry training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
2. Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
3. Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
4. Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
5. (If applicable) Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
Secondary Job Functions: N/A
Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
1. Registered Nurse with active Wisconsin license, AND
2. Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) or actively pursuing Master's Degree in Nursing, AND
3. Three to five years of recent, relevant working experience in nursing, AND
4. One year (or equivalent) of demonstrated adult instruction and curriculum development, AND
5. Work experience with a focus on assessment of clients in acute care, long-term care, and community nursing, AND
6. Meet Wisconsin Technical College System (WCTS) certification requirements.
7. Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills and Knowledge:
1. Current knowledge of the role of the Associate Degree Nurse.
2. Ability to support and work within a team environment.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of health care agencies and personnel.
4. Ability to update instructional methods and materials and apply research studies in classroom, lab and clinical settings.
5. Promotes and model professionalism as an Associate Degree Nursing Educator to students, staff and professionals in the field.
6. Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
7. Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
8. Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
9. Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
10. Demonstrates ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities. Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain positive working relationships with a variety of environments and personnel.
11. Proficiency in computer use and applications that support teaching and learning. Knowledge of computer technology as it applies to the fields of nursing and education.
12. Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
13. Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
14. Ability to develop course materials and assessments of student learning.
15. Promotes an educational philosophy, which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
16. Accepts responsibility for professional and personal growth.
17. Models a commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.