Job: Registered Nurse-Casual - Job #: 89045BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh-191
855 N Westhaven Dr
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
Monday-Friday 7:30am- 4:00pm
Call coverage One weekend per Quarter
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
Cardiac Cath Labs
Contributes to quality improvement activities by making suggestions for improvements in processes and supports change efforts in the organization and department.
* Maintains a safe work environment; follows organization and department safety policies including standard precautions.
* Contributes to the achievement of organization and department goals through effective participation as a team member on an ongoing basis.
* Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
* Completes initial assessment of patient including psychosocial, environmental and physiological, self-care, educational, continuing care, and discharge planning factors.
* Initiates and implements a written nursing care plan individualized to the needs of each patient within the time frame specified in unit-based standards.
* Assesses patient/family education needs, plans and provides necessary teaching, evaluates response to teaching, and documents in medical record.
* Plans and completes direct delivery of safe patient care as assigned and required for each patient.
* Modifies nursing care plan as required by changing patient needs.
* Participates in developing the discharge plan with the patient/family, physician, social worker, and other staff members as appropriate.
* Documents nursing intervention and patient response on nursing care plan and patient care notes.
* Recognizes significant changes in patient's condition; takes appropriate nursing action when changes occur.
* Collaborates with other health care team members to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care.
* Provides pertinent and concise reports describing patient's response to medical and nursing plans of care.
* Apprises Nurse Manager/House Supervisor of untoward changes in patient's condition and any other clinical issues as they occur.
* Administers medication in an accurate, timely manner and demonstrates knowledge of medication's action, side effects, and administration principles.
* Manages IV therapy, hyperalimentation, venipuncture, and central line care according to established standards.
* Maintains and updates clinical skills and knowledge by attending staff meetings, classes, and conferences and by independent study.
* Assists in orientation of RNs and other nursing personnel.
* Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper technique.
Skills / Requirements
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) granted by the State of Wisconsin.
* Minimum two (2) years of critical care nursing experience; cardiac cath lab experience preferred.
* Must meet and/or maintain unit-based competencies.
Cath lab Experience preferred.
This position is open due to a military leave:
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.