Job: MANAGER PATIENT CARE AMCMC - Job #: 90163BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
MANAGER PATIENT CARE AMCMC
AMC of Manitowoc County-154
5000 Memorial Dr
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
Patient Care Management
As an Aurora Leader, imagine yourself...
Creating a culture of passion that touches every employee, every action and every thought. Imagine providing direction and focus that ensures we are putting the patient at the center of all we do.
Passionate leaders live the Aurora values and act as role models for the entire organization. They serve their communities. They use the art of communication; they listen and understand the power of vision and values.
Instilling a sense of significance in a diverse workforce and mobilizing others to constantly find better ways to provide healthcare. As Manager Patient Care - Manitowoc , imagine yourself
* Coordinating/managing all resources necessary to optimally provide care. This includes the availability of staff resources, patient care supplies and automated patient care systems. Also responsible for effectively managing resources through systems management, carefully coordinating system issues to assure optimal patient care. Human resource management responsibilities: which include: recruitment, interviewing and selecting both professional and non-professional staff, and making timely job offers. Coaching accountabilities include promotions, motivation and performance. Conducts performance evaluations and grant salary adjustments based on performance, good citizenship and equity.
* Using innovative and effective recruitment strategies to identify potential hires. Coaches staff in recruitment behaviors.
* Establishing links with nursing instructors and students.
* Optimizing the work environment by effective use of all data, which includes but is not limited to employee feedback and the employee engagement index to enhance the retention of staff.
* Assisting employees in conflict resolution and other concerns. Participates in the grievance process when necessary.
* Providing input, direction and expertise in the development, application, and evaluation of orientation and continuing education programs. Coach staff to assist in identification of their goals to advance practice and career advancement. Develop a plan with employees for achievement of identified goals. Assist personnel in areas where deficits are identified. Assist personnel in identification of areas of growth.
* Maintaining an optimal level of productivity based on the coordination of efficient staffing and scheduling patterns and labor management standards 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
* Evaluating the quality of patient care provided by all unit personnel by using the Standards of Practice and patient outcomes. Other quality indicators used include peer review, incident reports, use of policy and procedures, evaluation of equipment, supplies and products. Responsible to assure that appropriate resources are available for Performance Improvement initiatives on the unit.
* Assuring that the Outcome Facilitation Team Process occurs at the unit level and monitors compliance with Care Management's Care Initiatives.
* Maintaining unit/department in compliance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation, and other regulatory bodies.
* Maintaining and promoting effective relationships with and between patients, families, department staff, other hospital departments, medical staff and their support staff, other health care facilities and vendors. Participates in problem resolution as needed. Acts as a liaison between medical and nursing staffs.
* Maintaining financial responsibility of the patient care area. Develops, submits, and maintains annual operational budgets and completes annual capital/equipment budget. Reviews financial data monthly and recommends strategies to assure compliance with approved budgets. Maintains accurate charge master and reviews for discrepancies to assure accurate, comprehensive capture of all revenue.
* Facilitating research-based nursing by creating an environment that encourages the utilization of research in practice; uses research in decision-making to maintain quality, cost and customer service; and assures the integration of research in congruence with departmental, organizational, regional and system strategic goals.
* Making recommendations for changes in nursing practice to shared governance councils and promotes new approaches and concepts
* Participating in Metro and Site Shared Governance councils as an elected management representative, as a work group member, or by providing feedback as requested to councils. Supports Shared Governance on the unit or department by holding staff accountable and by monitoring and counseling the unit representative(s) to ensure role compliance.
* Using communication expertise in developing and communicating change initiatives.
* Assisting physicians and other departments to: develop new services, identify potential new sources of revenue and/or assists in the marketing of existing and new programs.
* Remaining current in nursing management concepts, clinical knowledge, and hospital policies and procedures and assures communication to staff.
* Participating in community organizations appropriate to specific area.
* Demonstrating knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and posses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the area's/department's policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards appropriate to the individual Patient Care Manager.
Skills / Requirements
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) granted by the State of Wisconsin.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field (effective for hire after 1/1/98).
* Minimum five (5) years experience in nursing.
* Exposure to, and understanding of, basic managerial skills.
* Strong aptitude in human resource management.
* Ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously.
* Sound decision-making and communication skills.
* Current in use of computers, software, and other electronic systems
This position is open due to a military leave:
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.